Tusya Travel and Hospitality Services & Natventure Holidays are conducting the Third edition of the Wada Duathlon on 24th September 2017.
Duathlon is an athletic event that consists of a running leg, followed by a cycling leg and then another running leg.
The event is meant for all the fitness lovers who also love to Run and Ride in the rural areas.
MORE ABOUT RELAY:
A relay team had two participants where one is a runner and the other one a cyclist. A runner starts the race and completes the first run of 5 Km, the cyclist takes over the race after the first run is complete. The runner waits until the cyclist arrives after 40 Km. the runner again takes over the race and completes the remaining 5 Km of running.
Rs. 1600 per participant. – Half Duathlon
Rs. 1800 per Participant – Full Duathlon
Rs. 2900 per Realy Team – Relay Duathlon
Rs. 1100 per participant – 7 Km Fun Run
1. Breakfast Before the Race
2. Finishers Medal & Certificate
3. Lunch after the race (Veg / Non-Veg)
4. Water, energy drink support during the race
5. First-aid and medical support during the race
1. Transport to the venue at an additional cost (Select an appropriate option while registering. You will be sent a private link via email to book your transport. Approx Rs. 400/- to and fro. )
2. Cycles on rent at an additional cost. (Select an appropriate option while registering. You will be sent a private link via email to book your cycles. )
3. Cycle transport to the venue at an additional cost. (Select an appropriate option while registering. Please note that cycles will be transported to the venue on Saturday evening. Those opting for cycle transport need to hand over the cycles on Saturday September 23, 2017. Rs. 750/- to and fro. Those who avail cycles on rent will get their cycles on Sunday morning directly at the race venue. However, they need to book cycle transport too.)
4. Stay at the venue on Saturday night at an additional cost. (Limited seats. First come first serve.
The cut-off time for Full Duathlon Solo and Relay race is 4 hours and 30 minutes to complete 10 Km run and 40 Km cycle. Any participant, who takes more than 4 hours 30 minutes to complete the first two sections of the race, will not be eligible for a finisher’s medal.
1. Any participant who is caught along the route by our volunteers, while taking short-cuts will be disqualified.
2. Any participant who is caught without a helmet at any point on the cycle route will be disqualified.
3. Any participant who does not stop on the route when requested by our marshals will be disqualified.
TRANSPORTATION / CYCLE ON RENT:
1. Two trips to transport participants to the venue-
1. Saturday evening at 5 pm – For outstation participants and / or for those who have availed stay facility at the venue.
2. Sunday morning at 5:30 am – For local (Mumbai) participants
2. One trip for cycle transport to the venue on Saturday at 4 pm. All local and outstation participants who avail cycle transport to hand over the cycles by 4 pm on Saturday (Venue will be shared later)
3. Cycles are available on rent at an additional cost per day with Helmet.
1. The stay at the race venue is in dormitory style and Cottages. Do carry warm clothes along for extra protection. You are free to carry your own sleeping bag.
1. Helmet is mandatory
2. NO ROAD BIKES ALLOWED. Only MTBs or Hybrids
CANCELLATION AND REFUND:
1. Cancellation is allowed only up to 7th June.
2. We will be deducting the processing charges of Rs. 250/- per registration. You will be refunded with the remaining amount.
3. No cancellation and refund after 7th June, 2017.
1. Top three athletes in all Solo categories and top three teams in all Relay categories will be felicitated.
2. The prize distribution ceremony will be held on the same day, same venue after the race.
3. The number of ranks in each category will depend on the number of registered participants. Please note the following:
4. If a category has only up to 5 entrants, then only the top prize will be given.
5. If a category has more than 5 and up to 8 entrants, then the top two prizes will be given.
6. If a category has more than 8 entrants, then the top three prizes will be given.