Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions under which your application is accepted is as under:
1. At all times, participants will observe all local rules and regulations, pertaining to the containment of the pandemic and will not flout any laws pertaining to wearing of masks, maintaining social distances, non-contact and other such measures that may be put in place.
2. The event is a self-supported activity and is meant to be activity at the risk of the participants on their own resources. Come fully prepared.
3. The organisers are not in any way liable for medical or any other eventualities that may arise during the course of participation in this event.
4. Please choose the event category carefully, confirmed registrations are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be modified. Provide us with a secure email ID/mobile no. that you can access regularly since this will be our primary means of communication during the run-up to the event.
5. Users of email services that offer filtering/blocking of messages from unknown email addresses should add this email id firstname.lastname@example.org to their address list.
6. We will be sending regular updates to the Mobile number you have provided in the registration form.
7. This should be not treated as spam and you shall not take any action against our bulk SMS service provider.
8. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the organizers shall be deemed as received.
9. Please fill out only those fields that are necessary for mailing purposes. Do not provide redundant data in multiple fields (i.e., do not list the same data for city and country), as this will only complicate our ability to contact you, if necessary.
10. You are aware that long-distance cycling is an extreme sport and can be injurious to body and health. You take full responsibility for participating in “Cycle For Good” and do not hold the organizing committee or any of its members or entities responsible for any injury or accident.
11. You shall consult your physician and undergo a complete medical examination to assess your suitability to participate in the event.
12. You also assume all risks associated with participating in this event including, but not limited to, falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat or humidity, traffic and the condition of the road, arson or terrorist threats and all other risks associated with a public event.
13. You agree that the organizers of “Cycle for Good” and YouTooCanRun or its NGO partners including SBC3 shall not be liable for any loss, damage, illness, or injury that might occur as a result of your participation in the event.
14. You agree to abide by the instructions provided by the organizers from time to time in the best interest of your health and event safety.
15. You confirm that your name and media recordings were taken during your participation may be used to publicize the event.
16. You may acknowledge and agree that your personal information can be stored and used by “Cycle For Good” or any other company in connection with the organization, promotion and administration of the event and for the compilation of statistical information.
17. For any reason you cannot upload your link on race day, no refund of any form will be given.
18. If this registration is being made on behalf of a minor, You confirm that You am the parent/guardian of the child and that he/She has your permission to take part in the event. You further concur that all the above rules shall apply to him/her as if he were a major.
19. You also understand and agree that You may be contacted by the Sponsors and Promoters of the event for marketing and promotion of offers and grant explicit permission to send me communications on my mobile number & email address provided hereinabove.
20. Safety protocols
a. Concentrate and be alert. Do not talk on the phone and listen to music. Keep all your concentration on the road and be situationally aware.
b. Always wear a helmet for your protection. ‘No Helmet – No Cycling’. Use of gloves, elbow and knee gaurds are also advisable.
c. Get your cycle and other cycling gears checked before you head out for your activity. From your helmet, seats, brakes, wiring one must get these things checked before heading out for your activity.
d. Watch out for any kind of road hazards. From potholes, uneven roads, broken glass, gravel, puddles, leaves, and dogs. All of these can be hazardous and can cause accidents.
e. Obey all the traffic rules, and always go in the direction of the traffic. The traffic rules stays the same even if you are riding a bicycle. Do not break signals. Do not overtake from left.
f. Look on both sides before taking a turn. When turning left or right, always look behind you for a break in traffic, then signal before making the turn. Watch for left- or right-turning traffic.