- The Ladakh Marathon takes place in Ladakh, a predominantly Buddhist high mountain desert region that was a central stop on the historic Silk Route between Central Asia and India.
- Race day for the 6th Edition of Ladakh Marathon is Sunday 10 September 2017 with four events including the world’s highest ultra-marathon run “The Khardung La Challenge” where runners cross one of the world’s highest motor-able pass at 5370 m.
- It is an opportunity for runners to run in a race like no other and for their families, while runners acclimatize to the high altitude, to explore and discover a unique and ancient culture.
- The event is organized by Rimo Expeditions, India’s leading Adventure Travel Company with the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council and the Ministry of Tourism & Culture, Government of Jammu and Kashmir. It is an opportunity for runners from around India and the world to Run Ladakh shoulder to shoulder with local residents of Ladakh.
- For more information please contact: Ladakh Marathon, Khagshal, Gonpa Road, Leh, Ladakh – 194101, Jammu and Kashmir, India Tel: + 91 1982 202329 Email: email@example.com
|Run Ladakh for Fun
|Khardung La Challenge
|12 years||16 years||18 years||20 years||48 years|
Besides the age limit Runners should be in good physical condition to adapt and be able to run at high altitude.
The following criteria is mandatory for Runners of Marathon and Khardung La Challenge. Entries for these two categories will be screened and if you do not fulfil the requirement the organiser has the right to reject your application.
Marathon – Runner must have run one full marathon or two half marathons in the past two years
Khardung La Challenge – Runners who have completed two prior full marathons during the past three years under 5 hrs OR have run any two ultra marathons over 70 kms are eligible to register for this race. The Organizer reserves the right to disallow / disqualify any participant who is known or suspected to be physically unfit to participate in this race. Please note that the number of participants to this race is restricted to a maximum of 150 Runners.