Posted On 11 Jun 2021
Terms & Conditions
Some common sense rules to follow to make it easy for all of us
- Registration and Communications:
- You will get a debit on your Credit card/ Debit Card / Bank account from YouTooCanRun.
- Please choose your participation options carefully
- Once registration is completed, the fees are non-refundable, non-transferable, and cannot be modified.
- Provide us with a secure email ID/mobile no. that you can access regularly since this will be our primary means of communication between us.
- Users of email services that offer filtering/blocking of messages from unknown email addresses should add this email id email@example.com to their address list.
- Emails and smses concerning your participation should not be treated as spam and you shall not take any action against our bulk SMS service provider.
- Any notice sent to the email address registered with us shall be deemed as received.
- Please ensure that the address for mailing is correct and complete. We will be couriering your various entitlements and giving complete address is essential.
- Rules of participation
- The 500,000 steps can be completed at any time in between 02nd Oct, 2023 and 30th Jan, 2024
- Location, time of day and daily target are flexible
- Submission of activity
- The mobile 500K Steps Challenge app is necessary for capturing the steps that you walk everyday.
- It needs to be carried in your person, if you want the steps to be counted. If you leave it on the table, it will naturally not be able to count your steps!
- There will be no need to do anything further to submit your activities
- App features are subject to change and will be intimated to you by email
- Receiving your participation entitlements
- The Book ( and the Kurta, if chosen ) will be couriered to you in about 45 days from event start date. Please provide for usual delays since we are in Covid times and also Handloom fabric is made by hand and subject to delays
- The medal is made of natural teak wood and customised for you. It will be hand made and couriered only after you finish the challenge. Natural variations will occur and please provide for some time before we can dispatch it
- Medically, please be careful
- If you feel that walking 30-45 minutes is not for you, you will not hesitate to consult your physician and undergo a complete medical examination to assess your suitability to participate in the challenge.
- The organizers are not in any way liable for medical or any other eventualities that may arise during the course of participation in this challenge.
- The event is a self-supported activity and is meant to be activated at the risk of the participants on their own resources. Come fully prepared.
- You are aware that long-distance walking can be extreme at times and can be injurious to the body and health. You take full responsibility for participating in the event and do not hold YouTooCanRun or any of its members or entities responsible for any injury or accident.
- Generally speaking
- At all times, you will observe all local rules and regulations, pertaining to the containment of the pandemic and will not flout any laws pertaining to wearing masks, maintaining social distances, non-contact, and other such measures that may be put in place.
- You also assume all risks associated with participating in this event including, but not limited to, falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat or humidity, traffic and the condition of the road, arson or terrorist threats, and all other risks associated with a public event.
- You agree that the organizers shall not be liable for any loss, damage, illness, or injury that might occur as a result of your participation in the challenge.
- You agree to abide by the instructions provided by the organizers from time to time in the best interest of your health and safety.
- You confirm that your name and media recordings taken during your participation may be used to publicize the challenge.
- You acknowledge and agree that your personal information can be stored and used by YouTooCanRun or any other company in connection with the organization, promotion, and administration of the event and for the compilation of statistical information.
- If this registration is being made on behalf of a minor, I confirm that I am the parent/guardian of the child and that he/She has my permission to take part in the event. I further concur that all the above rules shall apply to him/her as if he were a major.
- You also understand and agree that you may be contacted by the Sponsors and Promoters of the event for marketing and promotion of offers and grant explicit permission to send communications on my mobile number & email address provided hereinabove.