A Virtual Run for Suicide Prevention.
Run to Save a Life!
Like everyone else, we find ourselves struggling daily in these turbulent and uncertain times. In these uncertain times, we want to shine a light on someone’s life and brighten their day! “Into the Light” is a benefit event that aims to raise awareness on the importance of suicide prevention. This virtual run is our way to show solidarity to anyone who is suffering and let them know they are not alone!
While we may be unable to get together under the open sky, we can still be there for each other virtually.
Who are we?
Sisters Living Works is a registered NGO with a mission to eradicate the stigma, discrimination, misunderstanding and injustice surrounding mental health and suicide in India through education, advocacy, and community involvement.
What is “Into the Light”?
“Into the Light” is a virtual run/walk for everyone of any nationality in any location. You can run or walk the distance between 5th to 13th September 2020, the week recognized as World Suicide Prevention Week.
This event will:
Raise awareness and shine a light on the need for suicide prevention.
Will help us reach out to anyone who is suffering while still maintaining social distancing. In these difficult times this is a way for us to reach out and bring forth a ray of hope into someone’s life.
Provide a sense of community, connection and act as a show of solidarity to those that find themselves in the dark.
How to Participate?
To participate in the “Into the Light” Virtual Run/Walk 2020 all you have to do is :
– Click on the link below to register.
Fees for Indian Nationals – Rs. 350/ plus GST
Fees for Foreign National – $14/ plus Taxes
– Upon successful registration, you will receive a confirmation email with a link.
– Gear up for the run over the next two months.
– On the day of the run, open your running apps and fit bits. Any app on your phone or device that can count steps can be used.
At the end of the day, when you complete your run/walk, open the link and upload your time and steps into the link.
For the 50Km and 50Mile Runs, you may participate over the course of the week. Run as much as you can each day, for 7 days until you reach the end goal! For these runs, do this step every day.
– Our event partner, You Too Can Run, will be on the other side of the computer, validating your data.
– Post the run, upon successful completion, you will receive an e-certificate.
– Upon registering you will be entitled to a workshop on “Emotional Intelligence, mental stress and dealing with emotional trauma due to the COVID 19 lockdown.”
– As an additional step, you can make an additional contribution to Sisters Living Works, if you so wish. All of the donations will be spent toward eradicating the stigma around mental health and suicide, raising awareness and education on the importance of suicide prevention.
We may not be able to be on the ground, reaching out and lending support. But we won’t let that stop us!